Front Desk Associate
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- 11.00 - 12.50 Hourly Plus non-taxable Post Allowance
- Areas of Consideration:
- See Below
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
WHO MAY APPLY
Local commuting area (within a 50 mile radius) to include those seeking SOFA applicants (including applicants with current Military Spouse Preference, Family Member Preference, and current federal employees)
This position is located at the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites operation at Kadena Air Base FLEACT Okinawa, Japan. The purpose of this position is to perform front desk and/or reservation functions for the lodging program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times. Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions. Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary. Utilizes the Property Management System (PMS) to access the guest information, retrieve reservation information, change or cancel reservations as requested by the guest, or register guests. Verifies registration information, secures a credit card for incidental expenses, and authorizes credit card for room charges. Provides guests with their room key or card. Receives requests and processes reservations within established guidelines. When rooms are not available, provides a certificate of non-availability (CNA) and/or alternative lodging in the area. Registers and assigns rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments as necessary. Receives and is accountable for a change fund. Prepares Close Bank Report and deposits cash receipts at the end of each shift in accordance with established procedures. Responsible for inventorying all keys and any other supplies or amenities maintained at the front desk. Keeps the front desk and lobby area clean and neat. May be required to run and print various reports from the PMS such as Expected Arrivals, Departure List, In-House Guest List and Night Audit reports. Answers phones and transfers calls to appropriate individuals and replies to guest questions. Logs trouble calls in the PMS and ensures the appropriate department is notified. Relocates guest to a different room when required. May be required to retrieve Lost and Found items and contact the guest regarding lost or found items. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Preferred six (6) months of work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts, standards, and regulations related to hospitality operations.
- High School Diploma.
- Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and various software programs.
- Must possess basic math and reading skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle, control, and account for large amounts of cash.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
- This position may be designated ALPHA personnel for inclement weather or in the interest of national security and may be required to report for work when other employees are excused.
- This position is subject to the possibility of workdays on weekends and holidays, as well as, rotating shifts, often consisting of other than normal duty hours.
- The staff member may be recalled to duty and/or required to work overtime as necessary to meet mission requirements.
- May be required to possess a valid driver’s license. Travel to other facilities may be required within the normal scope of duties. Applicants will be notified when this is a requirement for appointment.
- The incumbent is required to obtain Navy Lodging Program (NLP) front desk certification within 6 months of employment front desk certification as well as, any other requirements outlined in the Lodging Career Path Guide.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, a predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan). You can review our benefits at: navymwr.org/resources/hr
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to:
CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office
BLDG 3597, Kadena Air Base
Applicants can also apply at:
NOTE: Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section to determine which applies to you and MUST be submitted online. You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date reflected on the vacancy announcement.
Need Assistance? If you are experienceing technical difficulties in completing any of the application process, please report it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or email to:
Please visit our jobs page to find a sample format and information on Military Spouse Preference.
- Resume or NAF Application
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian
- OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, transcripts/copy of degree(s)/certification(s)), if applicable to position requirements
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
- If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
AGENCY CONTACT INFO
|Commander Navy Region Japan|
|NAF Human Resources Office (N941)|
|PSC 473 Box 12||Tel: 315-243-5446 / 046-816-5446|
|FPO AP 96349-0001||Email: MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil|
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.