Club Operations Assistant (Duty Manager)
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $10.50 - $13 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area with SOFA Status
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
WHO MAY APPLY
Local commuting area (50 mile radius) to include those seeking SOFA applicants (including applicants with current military spouse preference, family member preference, and current federal employees).
This NF-03 position is located at the Port of Call Club, White Beach Naval Facility, assigned to the Club Division of Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Department, U.S. Commander Fleet Activities, Okinawa, Japan. The incumbent assumes responsibilities of the facility in the absence of the Club Manager, Assistant Club Manager and Night Manager. The incumbent performs a wide variety of work assignments during various shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent shall be thoroughly familiar and comply with the contents of the Manual for Messes Ashore (NAVPERS 1995) and BUPERS Instruction 10150.2C, as well as all club SOP's and instructions.
- Maintain proper decorum throughout the club in accordance with prescribed rules and regulations. Shall give a full and complete report to the Club Manager concerning patrons who violate the club rules and regulations including name, rate, duty station and witnesses.
- The Duty Manager shall be responsible for familiarizing him/herself with scheduled events during duty shift, e.g., special events and programs, etc., including any and all particulars that he/she should be cognizant of during the work shift.
- Check all schedules when entering station of duty. Assure that activities take place as planned with proper equipment, personnel, food and beverages.
- In case of deviation from usual operating policy or procedures bring the situation to the attention of the proper supervisor. Attempt to resolve the problem and, in case of a serious problem, contact the Club Manager or designated person.
- Enter all problems in the Duty Manager's Log Book. Circulate among patrons as necessary to assure satisfactory services. Explain and enforce club policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain order in the facility. Infractions of the rules by other club employees shall be reported to the Club Manager via designated representative. In emergency situations, the Duty Manager on duty shall personally notify the Club Manager immediately.
- Insures that CFAO and DON rules and regulations governing the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages are strictly enforced. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to patrons less than 20 years of age. Incumbent may serve as a leader in assuring that work assignments by the shift employees are performed; provide necessary assistance and supplies to employees; and resolve minor problems and complaints of the employees.
- Make recommendations to the Club Manager/Assistant Club Manager regarding the work performance of shift employees. Prior to closing of the club, complete fire safety checks and that unnecessary electrical equipment are unplugged.
- Secure all doors and windows, check all locks on the bar storerooms, cashier's office, etc. Incumbent shall ensure that the Fire Department conducts a fire check prior to closing of the club. Insure that all keys are properly secured, safes are locked, and upon securing the club, insure that the entrance keys are locked in the box provided or turned-in to the security office.
- Incumbent must present a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance at all times and must work harmoniously with co-workers and members of the MWR Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have at least one year of related experience.
- General experience 0-6 months: progressively clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be courteous and possess a sharp people oriented personality to include tact and diplomacy in dealing and communicating with customers and other fellow-workers.
- Must have knowledge of computer, basic arithmetic and cash handling procedures.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include Tier 3 investigation (T3).
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work varied work schedules to include holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Government Vehicle Driver’s License,
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Food Handler’s Physical Examination
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
Using the qualifications of the positions, a predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills and abilities will be used for each application.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan). You can review our benefits at: navymwr.org/resources/hr
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can submit all required documents to:
CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, Bldg #3597 on Kadena AB
OR send via email to email@example.com
or mail to:
Commander, Navy Region Japan
NAF Human REsources Office (N941)
PSC 473 Box 12
FPO AP 96349-0001
- Resume or NAF Application Form
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor's Letter of Employment (Civilian)
- OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment (This is a REQUIRED form and MUST be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of Education (transcripts/copy of degree(s)/certification(s)), if applicable to position requirements
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, please submit a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4)
- If you are a current federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
|Commander Navy Region Japan|
|Commander, Navy Installation Command|
|PSC 473 Box 12||Tel: 315-243-5446 / 046-816-5446|
|FPO AP 96349-0001||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.